Thank you Rick Steves, for introducing me to restaurant L’Escargot in your blog video in May! I LOVE this place. It’s a 15 minute walk from our home, in the Medieval City, close to the city’s oldest well; the owner, Thomas, is an amazing host, and the food is among the best I’ve had in France.
Jeff and I had a lovely dinner there on Sept. 30, our second anniversary.
Here are some photos of our fabulous evening at the restaurant, and our walk home, plus a link to Rick Steves’ video from the restaurant. And below I share how tiny our bill was.
- 6 Escargot – 5 euros
- 1 Filet de caille (quail) – 6 euros
- 1 Lomos de porc (pork loins) – 7 euros
- 1 Mozzarella – 8 euros (Buffalo mozzarella that was like fluffy pillows. Amazing.)
- 2 divers verre – 2 glasses white wine – 8 euros
- 1 pichet wine – (1 bottle of wine) 18 euros
- 52 euros total