What a wonderful way to explore Copenhagen’s Rosenborg Castle – with tour guide Richard Karpen’s one-hour tour. He’s witty and very knowledgeable, and brings the castle and its treasury to life with his stories. (The castle was built in the 1600s, and is humble by European standards. It’s very enjoyable, and is just a few minutes away from central Copenhagen.)
Richard Karpen, www.copenhagenwalks.com, tour of Rosenborg Castle:
- Tours are held Mondays and Thursdays at 12:00
- Show up to at the castle ticket office by 11:45
- Easiest if you bring cash, for both Richard’s tour and the castle entry – Richard will buy your entry ticket for you. (Tickets are time stamped, so he will purchase the right tickets for the right time for your tour.)
- 220 DKK total per person ($35) (for Richard’s tour and castle entry. Castle entry alone will cost $17, so well worth the extra expense for Richard’s guided tour.)
- Required: Lock up all of your bags in the lockers across from the ticket office while you’re waiting for Richard to deal with ticket buying – you’ll need a 20DKK coin for the lockers.
- (Cloak room/lockers are through the gift shop – you can get change at the gift shop.)
- Restrooms – pass by the ticket office (on your left) and take a left outside.
- July 27, 2018
- July 21, 2018
- July 24, 2018